(1) It is now a common part of the hiring process for employers to check the presence a candidate has on the internet. No presence is neither positive nor negative. A positive presence is positive, while a significantly negative presence might prevent employers from considering you for a position.
(2) Students will frequently "Google" their instructors. Your social media presence is as relevant to students as it is for hiring organizations.
(3) Sharing your online presence gives you a chance to show your skills and expertise. Having your own website is a great way to present yourself to both colleges, universities, and to your students.
If you are using Safari, this browser reacts differently. Make sure that you have pop-up blocker disabled by doing the following:
1. Choose Safari "Preferences", then click Security.
2. Deselect “Block pop-up windows” then select Allow WebGL and Allow Plug-ins.
If you are downloading a .doc or .docx file you will likely see a blank screen. You can retrieve the downloaded file by clicking on the down arrow in the upper right hand corner of your Safari window.
.pdf file should download immediately in their own window.
If none of these solutions works, submit a trouble ticket.