At Prof360, we surveyed 52 CHROs, and asked one question, "In your experience, what is the biggest pain-point or issue you've experienced when it comes to onboarding part-time faculty?
The vast majority of responses fell within one or more of five categories:
(1) Decentralized processes cause gaps and mistakes during the onboarding and exiting processes.
(2) Part-time faculty usually have other jobs and finding a time to onboard or orient them is difficult. Therefore, they don’t learn essential knowledge about the institution and procedures.
(3) There isn’t a designated place for them to get the information they need to answer students’ or their own questions.
(4) Ensuring compliance. This could include anything from getting I-9 forms in a timely manner, to ensuring legally required training and notifications are given to the part-time faculty.
And, although this happens before onboarding, it came up frequently enough to add to our list…
(5) It is difficult to find quality adjuncts that meet the specific needs of the institution.
© 2023 ProfHire | Prof360. All Rights Reserved.
We promise not to send you spam.